Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Title Not Found

I don't have much time or energy to drop a post for you all, but I thought I would give you all a quick something.

Work is rolling along. I am starting to handle a few of the lower level felonies that role in. I had my first trip in front of the grand jury last week, and I have another one coming up this week. So that has been pretty exciting. I really didn't expect to start touching felonies for at least 6 more months if not longer. But, we have had a couple of more senior deputies leave the office, so at least until those positions are filled I will be racking up the extra experience. I seem to have a knack for finding "right place, right time" situations like these.

The house is also moving about as quick as one could hope for. The upstairs is all sheet rocked textured. I sprayed the primer on it tonight, and tomorrow the walls and ceilings will get painted. The main floor still had some trim to brush out and some cutting in to finish, but its getting close. Then its just new windows and floors to do. Once we do something that will actually show as being an improvement, I will get more pictures up.

I don't have much time for things outside of working and, well, working but thats alright for now. My mini-gut seems to be shrinking and with all this work and the lack of real food (its tough to cook when your kitchen consists of a fridge and a microwave on the floor).

Anyway, I suppose thats all I have for now. A couple of fun times coming up though. A wedding reception on Aug 26th, and a long weekend in Eugene for the Ducks home opener. So I guess I got that going for me.

5 comments:

Eric said...

Sounds like you're keeping yourself pretty busy. Glad to hear about the felonies. That should keep you interested in you job! Looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks, we can talk all about the Ducks.

Sydney said...

Boo criminals! Hooray Beau! That is so cool - it sounds like you're really making the most of your "right place, right time" knack!

Also, riddle me this: is Bellotti a bad coach? I have heard tell that he may be. This comes from a co-worker of Mom's who was the quarterback at Linfield. Thoughts?

Beau said...

Syd, thats not an easy question. I am not dodging it, but it deserves more than a comment. I will probably give that a pretty good sized post in the near future.

And yes, "Boo criminals" indeed. =-)

Anonymous said...

How is Sam? Mom

Sydney said...

I eagerly await a Bellotti post! Or even just a general football post. Also, go read "The Blind Side" by Michael Lewis. Right now! Seriously- it's got me saying things like, "Sure, he looks like a good quarterback, but how much time does he have in the pocket? Is it a west coast offense? You know, a Bill Parcells' offense could make me look like a talented quarterback." And I hate and fear football!