Saturday, November 22, 2008

Unbelievable

I mean unfathomable, as in someone making a watchable movie out of the Silmarilion unbelievable. Now obviously I am Duck fan. But with the Ducks idle, and being a college football fan (and a little under the weather and thereby confined to my chair) I thought I would watch the OSU @ U of A game, right? Wrong. For some reason known only to FSN, which I now strongly suspect is actually run by a small cadre of monkeys, they have decided to replay the Apple Cup. The game they just showed at noon! For god's sake the Washington schools had 1 win between them. Why in the name of all that is holy would you re-play a game between two shitty teams (that was just on) instead of a new game that has Rose Bowl implications.

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Ah yes, the diabolical Cadre of Monkeys. God only knows how they got so powerful, but there's no doubt they're in charge. Lieberman keeps Homeland Security? Cadre of Monkeys. Apple Cup replays? Cadre of Monkeys. Some guys in New Jersey think it's reasonable to charge you $180 for a 6-month membership to a "popcorn of the month" club? Yep, you guessed it: Cadre of Monkeys. And while all of these things make you want to punch someone in the face, you can sadly never punch the Cadre of Monkeys. Because that would be animal abuse. Even though they have 10" penes and can bench press twice your weight with their crazy monkey strength, you'd still be the one in jail. ::sigh:: Damn those monkeys...

Rip Tatermen said...

I think it played on Versus (ch 32) here; I tivo'd it and was gonna watch it, but then they announced the outcome during the blazers game. I did watch the end of the apple cup though, just because it was simultaneously a good game and hilariously pointless; a battle for ninth. And watching the Huskies in all likelihood go winless on the season (don't fuck this up, Cal) was pretty sweet.
The Civil War's gonna be huge this year. If they didn't have to beat us to make it happen, I'd love to see the Penn State/OSU Rosebowl rematch.

Beau said...

Ahh Versus!! How I loath it. Mostly because it is so far up the dial I never remember I get it. If I am that far up in channels I am usually headed for the BBC or History International.

Totally agree about the Civil War / Rose Bowl. BTW, I am gonna be in Portland that weekend. I am trying to hook up with a few people to watch the game. Drop me message if you are interested.