Friday, April 13, 2007

Sundry News

Well, I really haven't been up to that much. But I have thought of a few things now and again that might be of interest.

I spent last weekend in Eugene hanging with Paul and Jess and Josh. That was a heck of a time, although it was 3 days until I could walk normally (but Ultimate was a blast). Jess picked up her Wii on that Saturday so I now have some hands on experience with it. That thing is absurdly fun. I am not even sure I can describe it. Even the process of making a "mii" is pretty damn amusing. I really hope the developers make some good use of the online play possibilities.

In further geek news, I am in the process (15% through!) of downloading the open beta for Lord of the Rings Online (just to take a looksee really).

Also, reviewing a baseball game through the lens of D&D mechanics (and stereotypes) is a fantastic idea! See it here. And yes, I am aware this shows I am a giant dork in several ways. If you are reading my blog, you probably already knew that.

Work news: I am down for three trials next week, but they really aren't all that interesting. Two of them are 2nd set and very likely won't go, and the one that isn't is just a violation (as opposed to a misdemeanor or felony). I am not even certain I will be going in on the violation (our office doesn't usually appear in violation trials). Anyway... thats the bulk of what I have going on next week. For the most part, work is good. I am happy with the hours, I like the people and I am not bored to tears with substance either.

Thats about all the news I have got for now. As a Judge said just yesterday and in the words of Bill S. Preston, Esquire: "Be excellent to each other."

No comments: