Monday, July 2, 2007

Short grumbly update

Ok, I know I haven't posted in a while. And lo, though there are a few things I could update you on this is not that time. I am really just here to drop two tidbits.

1) I made an offer on a house out here in Astoria. We shall see if the offer is accepted. If it is, you can look forward to lots of pictures and construction updates.

2) I just got back from an advanced showing of Transformers. Don't worry, I won't toss any spoilers out here. I will just say two things. The first 1:45, give or take, was pretty darn good*. Unfortunately I can't even give that much of a comment on the rest of the movie. The damn, podunk movie theater here in town loaded the second reel (yes, the theater still uses reels, no digital theaters out here) upside down, and backwards. It made for an interesting watch until it became clear they had no intention of rectifying the problem. They were nice enough to give us free passes at least. (Note: This would be why I am grumbling softly under my breath and about to commence shuffling around the living room.)

*I should qualify my statement that this movie is enjoyable with a couple brief sentiments:

1) I love going to the movies... this means my standards a little lower then some of my friends.
2) I went in expecting very little from this movie, that tends to make it easier to enjoy these movies.
3) I am a Transformers fan. But I am not a fanboy. I don't know the comics, I don't know the backstory. I grew up playing with the toys and watching the cartoon. In fact the very first movie I remember ever seeing in the theater was Transformers (of which I have incredibly fond memories). I believe this may have made me predisposed to the powerful JuJu of giant space robots.

All right. I will try to get a more complete update up when I have time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I shall admit... and by admit I mean agree....

That giant space robots due have powerful juju... of AWESOMENESS D:!

Pif, and here people wonder why Japan loves their mechs!

Eric said...

I've heard good things so far about Transformers, I may just have to go... Good to hear about the house! I'll always think of you whenever I pass Goonies by whilst channel surfing.

Beau said...

Why would you pass by Goonies?! That movie rocks.