Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Crap that amused me.

I don't have a whole lot of news as far as things I have done. Mostly because I don't do much. I did go to the Oregon v. USC game, but I doubt you guys need to read a blow by blow of that. I have come across a few things that amused the hell out of me. And since I liked them, I thought you might also.

First:

So I am looking for the phone number of the Lynnwood Municipal Court (its outside of Seattle) and I find their website. On that site, I see a link to a document entitled Court's Ruling on Numerous DUI Motions. Being a curious sort I thought I would read it. Now, I am not naive enough to think that the actual ruling would be of interest to you (but you can read it at the above link if you wish). No, this post is about what happens when former history majors become judges and then get bored. Each of the following is a direct quote from the court's order.

"The parties... have banded together like the Hanseatic League. The hegemonious leader of this band has been..., Counsel for Defendant Meeks"

"The City of Lynnwood, like King Waldemar (sic) IV of Denmark, had struggled valiantly against thses many motions and the many moving parties..."

" DONE this 9th day of March, 2005, being the Feast of Saint Joseph and a rainy day in Lynnwood."

Second:

It would seem pirate attacks are up 14% this year. Not only are there still pirates out there, the numbers are growing, and someone is actually charting it.

Third:

Bob Saget = fantastic. (damn funny here, and here too)

1 comment:

Seph said...

Oh, Bob Sagat. Still cashing in on your wholesome family values reputation. Heartwarming.

Also, that judge is awesome. I swear there needs to be more humor in technical documents. Would make research so much more fun...