Saturday, November 3, 2007

Live Blogging the Duck Game - 1st Quarter

Alright, I am gonna give this live blogging the game thing a shot.

I was almost late getting set up for the game... ok, actually I was a bit late. Well, I was in the room and folding laundry, but I had forgotten to do key things like grab a Mt. Dew, and my laptop.

Anyway, I am here now. Those of you that know me may be wondering why I am not at the game (being a season ticket holder and all). I had a bit of a calendering error. I thought I had my reservations for Bandon Dunes this weekend, so I promised the tickets to P and JT. As it turns out I was confused and off by a week. They said I didn't have to give them the tickets, but last Saturday we (My father and I... Dad has the other ticket) thought we would be putting my kitchen together and such so we gave them up anyway. We are not putting the kitchen tofether but I did finish my bamboo floor. Anyway, on to the game!

Fantastic catch by Williams on the first play. I am really glad to see Oregon go to the air early. I love seeing huge ground numbers, but I am a big fan of coming out aggressive in big games. (And Williams scores..)

Ouch... I was really hoping to see more pressure on the QB. Oregon's pass defense is looking a little soft. I know Allioti loves to stop the run, and ASU does run a lot, but... if you are going to go heavy in the box you have to get better pressure on the QB.

This is starting to look like a game that could break the scoreboard.... 1st and goal for ASU already. In other football news: I don't know why, but I feel a little dirty rooting for 'Bama. I want them to win, and I have even given a “Role Tide” or two today, but I feel almost like a little piece of me dies each time.

Great stop from the Ducks front seven. ASU really moved the ball there, its great to see them stiffen their backs a little.

ASU is really over committing up front. I know Erickson likes an aggressive defense, but against the spread you really need to stay home. This could open up a lot of good lanes for Stewert and Dixon today.

That may go as a drop in the end zone by Williams, but it looked over thrown to me. Once again, ASU over commits and gets burned on the screen. I am serious, this may become a big pattern today.

Lets look for some better defense on this set... And I think I am going to get really really tired of hearing announcers say “All ASU needs to do is take the crowd out of the game.” Its really not gonna happen this year...Well except to start the 2nd half....damn drunks in the Mo Center...

What is with the announcers saying “Pacific Ten Conference.” I know thats the name and all, but just stop it! It doesn't make you sound better, or more articulate. You are announcing a football game and its only being broadcast in Oregon and Arizona. We all know its the Pac-10. Call it the Pac-10 and save that air for someone more useful then you!

I am coming to dislike these FSN Arizona announcers...

But I am loving the game so far... and thats the end of the 1st Quarter... We'll see if I can keep this up for the whole game. I wouldn't be too hopeful. Its tough to not jump around and such (at least there are no fans to break.)

No comments: