Saturday, November 3, 2007

2nd Quarter

And Oregon right back at it for the 2nd Quarter... as is Williams. A lot of people were looking for him to have a break out game today. I wasn't so sure it wouldn't be Garren Strong... but its looking like the experts knew a little better then me on that one.

BTW if you all aren't reading Stewert Mandel's blog reports from Oregon, you should be.

Good contain on the kickoff, could have had him at the 10 though.

Good lead for the Ducks here at 21 to 3, but I really hope Oregon doesn't get complacent. ASU has made their living in the 2nd half all year long. I don't know that I would feel comfortable until it was 4+ TD lead heading into the 4th. Even then I would want to see Oregon do more than run straight ahead.

Speaking of running straight ahead, the ASU line is looking a bit better then I expected. I knew they could move the ball on the ground, but I wasn't expecting as good as this.

Oregon got hosed on the spot on Carpenter's scramble. Love to see Oregon take the ball away here. Though ASU burning a TO because Carpenter is sprinting to the sideline like an Pop Warner QB is almost as nice.

Damn! When Carpenter let that go, it looked like a pickable ball to me. Just nobody in position.

Another misread on the 1st down through... Hate to see that... After an ASU TD I would really like to see a sustained drive if not a solid TD. I like the play call on 3rd and 7, but punting the ball after an ASU TD is disappointing. I guess here's hoping for a good defensive stand.

Carpenter hasn't missed a pass yet. I know that won't keep up the whole game, but it could be telling.

Another ASU TO... only 1 left with 9 minutes in the 1st half. It looks like the crowd is rocking today... Now for a sold defensive stop to make...

There we go... force them to 3rd and long. A good stop here keeps them to another field goal...

Thats to FG where it probably should have been another TD the way ASU had been moving the ball.

That is a heck of a play by the ASU corner Bolden. After the inside screen its now third and longish again. Or even longer with the false start. I would love to see a 3rd down conversion here. Not to be though... looked like Dixon forced that a little. But if he puts some air under it it might have been 6 for Oregon.

The defenses are starting to settle in. Hurts Oregon to see the starting middle linebacker go down though. I know Bacon doesn't have big tackle numbers, but he does good job Qbing the defense. (Bad sign to see him on the cart...)

Big sack from Nick Reed there! Two today, I wouldn't be surprised to see two more at least.

Time for a big stop... or for Autzen to take ASU's last time out with still 6 minutes on the clock.

Way to force the punt... good pursuit by Agyeman. I love how Oregon is flying to ball the last couple of games on defense.

Fuckity Fuck Fuck Fuck!!!(to quote a dear friend of mine...) 3rd and 1 and a turnover on a fumble! If Oregon doesn't hang on to the ball today, its going to be tougher dog fight than Oregon is looking for. You can't keep going back to the defensive well through out this game.

I know Oregon's offense isn't a time of possession offense, but 7 minute (and growing) advantage for ASU is going to start to hurt.

Great coverage sack there. Gonna need to find a few more of those today.

Thats a flat out shitty late hit call. I have seen that move countless times and I have never seen it flagged.

Thats a good stop on 2nd and short. Hold them again here, and the hero of the 2nd quarter is clearly the defense. (Didn't get the stop, but they should have... Nance is slippery though)

Bad idea to run the ball there with no timeouts... took a chance at TD and turned it into a FG. Cuts the lead to less then a TD, but still I don't like the run call. Could have taken 2 shots at least.

I bet Erickson hates it more now that the kid hooked it.

Well that brings us to the half. Here is hoping that the Ducks come back out fired up and ready to go back to work. (Wow... these are running longer then I thought they would.)

No comments: