Saturday, November 10, 2007

Another Post From the Road

Another day, another round of beautiful golf. I should have some pictures up later, probably tomorrow or Monday. The weather has been perfect so far. At least as perfect as weather on the Oregon Coast is going to get in the winter.

I took good advantage of the calm winds and no rain today to fire my best round of the weekend by a good 7 shots (I shot 85 today). And frankly, I am still not putting well at all.

Also, and I am pretty excited about this, I am finally getting the chance to use the gift certificate I have for this place. So, for that I owe thanks to Dirty P (and his lady) and Snowman. (Let me say this: I have thought a long time how to deal with talking about friends etc on this blog. I considered the "First Initial Approach" but I am not a fan... I have settled [as you can clearly see] on the "strange and amusing nickname method." Please know that this is done with all possible ironic intent... also, Dirty P, get off your lazy ass and post something! Football, work, your recent trip, anything.)

Match Update:

With 18 holes left to play, the match is all square.


In other news: the Fightin' Illini rock... and I am still a sucker a good football movie.


1 comment:

Seph said...

The problem with the "strange and amusing nickname method", is that it's perhaps less obvious to some of us who said nicknames refer to. Although I'd warrant I know him in real life, I have no idea who "Snowman" refers to. J? D? D seems most likely, given the nickname, but who knows?

My policy is: if they post regularly online, grant them however much anonymity they choose to demand (so you can shout out to the world that I am Joseph Barker, 26, UCLA grad student, social security number... nice try) and no less (SonicLlama remains (slightly) anonymous). After that, it seems like first-name initial is the easiest way to maintain anonymity while disambiguating for those who might know them.

On the other hand, I'm slightly tipsy and overanalyzing things right now, so maybe you shouldn't pay any attention to me.